Available for 30 days On-Demand
The aim of this course is to equip participants with knowledge and strategies for increasing relationship satisfaction where one or both partners are autistic. The initial promise of the relationship is exhilarating, each partner adoring the other and highly motivated to make it work. All couples discover issues, as the relationship develops, but when each partner’s neurology is working slightly differently, the other’s perspectives, needs and expectations can seem incomprehensible and communication almost impossible. The issues can become more difficult and regular couple counselling sessions do not seem to work.
This course recognises and celebrates the qualities of both partners, and presents strategies commonly found to be helpful in improving neurodiverse relationships. Tony and Michelle draw on their extensive experience in autism and couples counselling to present this seminar.
- Presented by Dr Tony Attwood and Dr Michelle Garnett
- 30 days to complete the course
- 5 hours 7 minutes broken into 4 sessions
- Downloadable PDF handouts supplied
- Certificate of completion
- $230.00 per person
The aim of this course is to equip participants with knowledge and strategies for increasing relationship satisfaction where one or both partners are autistic.
Who will benefit?
- Couples where one or both partners are autistic
- Relationship counsellors
- Clinical psychologists
- To increase understanding about autistic and non-autistic perspectives in a couple relationship, highlighting differences and similarities.
- To develop realistic expectations for change in the relationship.
- To develop strategies for increasing effective communication between partners.
- To understand the developmental phases of the relationship, from meeting to aging, and to be able to match strategies to the developmental stage.
- To learn strategies to increase the effectiveness of each partner for managing their own stress, emotions and supporting each other.
- To adapt autism-friendly techniques for sharing the workload of a household/family.
- To understand each partner’s love language and how to meaningfully express and receive love in the relationship.
- To explore the expression of affection and intimacy and how this may be different in autism.
What others have said about our Online Courses:
“I have done a few different online courses recently but none of them compare to the professionally delivered courses by Creating Success. Tony and Michelle’s delivery is brilliant. I learnt so much and was engaged the whole duration of the course.” (Angelique – Auckland)
“Thank you so much for providing these training opportunities. Hands down the BEST online course I have done.” (Jennifer – Napier)
“Michelle and Tony have such wonderful compassion and the way they present their information makes it so easy to watch. The 6 hour course went so fast I’m going to register for the other courses as well.” (Jan – New Plymouth)